February 4, 2013

Zatarain's Review

This year we brought a little of New Orleans to our Super Bowl party thanks to Cravebox.  I was chosen to receive the Zatarain's Big Game Cravebox and was very pleased with all the products I received.  My family had never tried any Zatarain products before so I was very interested in the products.

I prepared the New Orleans Style Jambalaya Mix with Kielbasa, Red Beans and Rice and West Bank Wings.


 
I really enjoyed each dish and so did the other adults.  The Red Beans and Rice were my favorite.  Each rice dish was very flavorful and not to spicy.  The Jambalaya had a little more heat to it then the Red Beans and Rice.  As for the West Bank Wings, while I was preparing them I was thinking they were going to be spicy hot because of the ingredients.  But much to my surprise they had the perfect blend of sweet and spicy.  Everyone really liked the wings and they were easy to prepare.  Zatarian's is now a name our family will use know, because I will definitely be preparing these dishes again.
 
 
West Bank Wings
(Zatarain's Recipe)
 
3 lbs. chicken wing pieces                             1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
2 tsp. Zatarains Creole Seasoning              1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tbl. vegetable oil                                            1 tbl minced garlic
1/2 cup pineapple juice                                  3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 cup Zatarain's Creole Mustard              Chopped fresh Cilantro
1/4 cup cane syrup or molasses                   Sesame Seed
 
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Toss chicken wings with oil and Creole Seasoning in large bowl.  Arrange wings in single layer on foil-lined large shallow baking sheet.
 
Bake 35 minutes or until wings are cooked through and skin is crisp.
 
Mix remaining ingredients, except cilantro and sesame seeds, in large skillet.  Bring to boil on high heat and reduce to simmer.  Cook sauce for about 15 minutes, until  it is reduced by a third and is a "syrup" consistency.  Transfer wings with tongs into skillet.  Toss until coated with sauce, move to serving platter and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.  Serve immediately.
 
Makes 8-10 appetizer servings.
 
I hope your family enjoys the wings as much as my family did.
 
If you would like to learn more about Cravebox visit www.cravebox.com.
 
Enjoy,
 
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment